This 3 day clinic will provide aspiring coaches with the opportunity to observe and interact with a variety of rugby experts. Our coaches and specialists will provide participants with the knowledge and techniques that have enabled them to be successful at the top end of the game. The clinic consists of 6 modules and participants can either attend the entire clinic or individual modules.
These modules will provide the participants with leading edge knowledge, different perspectives and a challenging interactive three days. The cosmopolitan mix of coaches attending each course will create an infectious and highly stimulating environment that will benefit all. If you enjoy a practical and inspiring environment to up-skill as a coach, then this course is for you.
Who Should Attend?
- Club coaches
- Age grade representative coaches
- School coaches
- Coaches who want to improve their coaching skills
- Coaches keen to break through to the next level of coaching
- Team attack – from set play and phase play
- Contact and the breakdown/continuity
- Skill Development
- Set Piece forward play – lineout/kickoff/scrum
- Turnover ball/counter attack
- Continuity and Team pattern
- Defence – from set play and phase play
- Vision and decision making/Creation of space
- Mental toughness
- Leadership & Captaincy/Creating a successful team environment
This course will include 6 modules covering relevant and specific areas of the game. A module will be 3.5 hours in duration during a morning or afternoon session. Coaches who are unable to attend the full programme can attend individual modules in the mornings or afternoons during the 3 day clinic, at a separate cost of $200 per module. Please advise us if you require this so a separate application form can to be sent to you.
Course presenters/tutors will be selected from the following:
- Chris Boyd
- Mick Byrne
- Mark Anscombe
- Dennis Brown
- Dave Ellis
- Scott Pinfold
- Scott Robertson
- Craig Dowd
- Blair Larsen
- Richard Loe
- Murray Mexted
- Andre Bell
- Christian Cullen
- Jeff Wilson
- Jason O'Halloran
- Plus other guest coaches.
For coaches and players who reside outside New Zealand: NZ$1260 plus 15% GST
For New Zealand resident coaches prices quoted are inclusive of GST. NZ$1260 including 15% GST.
Prices do not include travel to Palmerston North, but do include academy and course related costs such as meals and accommodation and transfers from Palmerston North airport (if applicable) to the Sport and Rugby Institute, Palmerston North.
- 50% deposit on acceptance of application.
- Balance of 50% due six weeks prior to course start date.
- Translation service available at additional cost
Course fees include:
- Accommodation and all meals
- Three days rugby tuition
- Please note if attending specific modules only, there will be a separate charge for accommodation and meals if required.
Please note: Cancellation six weeks prior to commencement of course will incur a penalty fee of 20% of the course fee. Cancellation within two weeks of course commencement is non-refundable.